The Avenue of Remembrance, Cobham, Surrey
To set out and plant forty-four trees to replace the original trees which were planted by the Cobham Village Women’s Institute in 1946. Each tree commemorated a member of the Armed Forces who had died during World War II. The decision to replace the trees was taken after many options were considered and a survey regarding the reinstatement works was completed by the local population.
The decision to reinstate the same family of tree presented a challenge due to the possibility of re-plant disease which occurs in the family Rosacea, in this case Cherry Trees. To overcome this issue, we used modern planting techniques incorporating Bio Char to formulate the soil to protect the new plantings.
Elmbridge Borough Council